The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, which owns Dounreay and funds its site closure programme, is offering a bursary up to £500,000 to encourage university research projects that can contribute to its clean-up mission.
This year’s bursary call is open in the following areas of interest:
- Waste management (e.g. treatment, immobilisation, packaging and interim storage)
- Decommissioning (e.g. remote handling, decontamination, size reduction, demolition)
- Land quality (e.g. contaminated land management, groundwater treatment)
- Characterisation (e.g. improved analysis techniques for waste, land, groundwater and/or buildings)
- Modelling and simulation (e.g. radiation damage, actinide chemistry).
Applications need to be submitted via an online form, available through the home page of the National Nuclear Laboratory website by 3pm on 15 February 2012