Senior Health Physicist
Salary Range: £46K upwards (DoE)
For more than 50 years, as the home of the UK’s fast reactor research and development programme, the name Dounreay has been associated with excellence in all areas of engineering and project management. Now Dounreay is making a name for itself as the centre of excellence for nuclear decommissioning, offering a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most challenging technical projects.
Be part of it:
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Health Physicist to support the on-going programme of decommissioning work at Dounreay. The Job Holder will be responsible for providing site project teams with relevant and timely advice, information and support, in line with good practice and legal requirements.
- Be an appointed Radiation Protection Adviser (RPA)
- Provide radiation protection advice and support to DSRL projects
- Provide advice and support to emergency arrangements at Dounreay
- Develop areas of specialist advice for DSRL
- Develop and provide specialist radiation protection training and technical advice at Dounreay
- Represent DSRL in interactions with regulators and external stakeholders
- Support the maintenance of codes of practice, standards and guidance
- Undertake, interpret and cascade research on emerging topics
- Provide Health Physicist cover to site on a rota basis
- Supervise supporting Health Physicists and trainees
- Contribute to the development of Safety Culture
Desirable skills, aptitudes and experience:
- Qualified to Degree level in Science or equivalent qualification and experience
- Hold a valid Certificate of Competence to be a Radiation Protection Adviser
- Have a minimum of five years Health Physics experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide range of Dounreay and external contactor personnel, along with good organisational and IT skills
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Have a positive approach, be self-motivated, assertive and poses the ability to use initiative
The package includes relocation assistance (where appropriate), a company pension scheme and generous annual leave entitlement.
Applications can be downloaded here.
For further information contact: Anthony Ridgley, Tel: 01847 806806 or email: email@example.com
Applications to: HR Department, D8538/14, Dounreay, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7TZ