Salary: £27,760 - £37,946
Closing Date: 2 March 2017
Interviews to be held: Week beginning 13 March 2017
Reference No: 04/17
Dounreay is one of Europe's largest nuclear clean-up and demolition projects. For fifty years it was the UK's centre of fast reactor research and development. Today we are taking it apart. The company is internationally recognised for its ground-breaking work at the site, which is considered to be one of the most challenging and complex nuclear clean-up projects in the world. A number of exciting engineering challenges remain which offer the chance to be innovative, dynamic and provide the opportunity to develop an extensive portfolio in one of the most challenging industries in the Country.
Be part of it:
A vacancy has arisen within the Technical Directorate, FCA/GSA Maintenance team for a Maintenance Scheduler/ Planner. The Job Holder will manage and schedule work packages for DSRL facility, project and/or maintenance teams.
- Liaise with facility, maintenance and project teams to ensure effective planning of maintenance activities and the efficient use of resources
- Prepare and review work packages for PMS maintenance activities
- Monitor PMS completion performance
- Arrange meetings, compile updates for publishing in work plan and record and publish the daily/weekly commit to work plan
- Identify and respond to actions from the forward planning meetings, amend WWPS and produce reports
- Produce maintenance instructions and work order lists undertaking updates and amendments as required
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience:
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- A minimum of 3 years Engineering and Plant experience
- Experience in Mainsaver and P6 is desirable
- Open, flexible approach with a willingness to undertake further training as required
- Ability to cope in a pressurised environment and to multi-task
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels is essential.
Applications can be downloaded here.
For further information contact: email
Applications to: HR Shared Services, Dounreay.com, Traill House, 7 Olrig Street, Thurso, KW14 7BJ