Starting Salary: £34k to £59k pa (DOE)
For more than 50 years, as the home of the UK’s fast reactor research and development programme, the name Dounreay has been associated with excellence in all areas of engineering and project management. Now Dounreay is making a name for itself as the centre of excellence for nuclear decommissioning. As the European reference site for nuclear decommissioning, Dounreay offers a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most challenging technical projects.
Be part of it:
A vacancy has arisen within the PFR major projects team for a plant engineer to manage and deliver project activities in support of decommissioning operations.
- Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures
- Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities
- Develop appropriate solutions for decommissioning/operational problems
- Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation
- Write Technical Specifications
- May perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
Desirable skills, aptitudes and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
- In-depth knowledge of own discipline and ability to interface effectively with other disciplines
- Ability to apply engineering processes to achieve engineering solutions
- Knowledge of:
- Plant, engineering assets and equipment
- Key legislative issues, regulatory requirements and legislating bodies
- All relevant radiological, conventional, environmental and safety issues
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information, contact: James Robertson, Tel: 01847 803469 or, by e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications to: DSRL, HR Dept, Traill House, 7 Olrig Street, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7BJ or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref No: 14/17
Closing date: 5 May 2017